Wednesday, August 27, 2008

RIP Lightening...

It's been an eventful week. Poor baby ram. Raising sheep shouldn't be this hard. Lightening McQueen was dead last Thursday morning, the kids and I found him in the back part of our lot as we were leaving. I *really* couldn't do anything about him then, I left his body in the woods and called Wesley as we were pulling out of the driveway.

Me: "Um, honey? Lightening McQueen is dead."
Wes: "Huh?"
Me: "You know, Lightening, the ram. He's dead. He's in the woods. Do I just leave him there, or what?"
Wes: "But what else would you do with him? Maaaan, he's going to stink this afternoon."

Sorry friends, no pictures of this one. Lightening had a decent burial after Wes dug a very nice hole that afternoon. Thank goodness we got him in the ground before Tropical Storm Fay hit. Our back lot went from dry woods to swamp pretty quick. More on that, with pictures, later.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this!