Wednesday, August 13, 2008

He's so clever

One of the things that makes being married to Wes both interesting and challenging are his contraptions and ideas. It's wonderful that he can create just about anything and solve many problems for me, but he frequently makes me nervous.

For instance, check out this setup. Wes says it's based on how the Egyptians moved stones for the pyramids. That's the kid's fort, and he's trying to get the clubhouse part back up on its legs. He's usually the only person working on these sorts of projects, so he has to find a ways to lift and move heavy pieces by himself. Wes is great with a lever, and has moved lots of things I thought were impossible for one person.

Here, he has the clubhouse counter-balanced with a 50 gallon drum of water. He tied it all up, then turned the hose on and had it on the legs in no time! He just has to put up with my worries -- what if the rope breaks? Don't let the kids near it! Careful! How are you going to make it stable? He says "Don't worry, it's fine." I guess we make a good pair, Odd Couple style.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Xxx said...

Very, very clever. I am so glad to see that you have a blog now too! Now I can keep up with everyone a little better.